CORONA VIRUS: HOW PIANO TEACHERS CAN COPE WITH THIS GLOBAL PANDEMIC
"Tips And Ways to Tackle Coronavirus Pandemic As a Piano Teacher"
The current global pandemic of COVID-19, aka the Corona virus, has disrupted the melody of everyday life.. It is sad to see how much devastation this virus has caused and how quickly it spread to most countries around the world. We hope that everyone is safe and following the instructions given out by WHO (World Health Organization) and local governments to get rid of this pestilence.
It is of essence that we must all exercise precautions and execute self-isolation to stop this virus from spreading. Social distancing is being advised, so the virus may not spread from a victim who has contacted the virus but still show no signs of it. This has affected the completely global economy and schools, colleges, and even businesses have been shut down for an indefinite period. In short, most of the countries have undergone ‘Lockdown’ to control the situation. We have to follow the safety precautions and social distancing until the actual vaccine of this horrible virus arrives in the market openly for all.
A lot of professionals have been affected because of this epidemic, which also includes piano teachers. Since studios have been shut down and in the light of maintaining social distancing, the piano teachers can’t give private home lessons; they aren’t left with many options but to resort to online portals for giving piano lessons.
For those who have only worked with traditional methods and never opted for more modern options, it might be a little difficult at the start. But as they will soon find out; irrespective of circumstances, the feasibility modern technology modern feasibility technology has created in all fields of life grants an edge to the user over the competition, even the circumstances. So, now it is our responsibility to take the best possible use of technology that we have in current time, not only this but if anyone implements the technology for their professional, then indirectly it will be helpful for the economy of the county.
Just as the melody of life cannot be stopped, so cannot the passion of a piano teacher who wishes to teach even when the whole world is under lockdown. This does not mean they have to disobey the law; piano teachers now have better alternatives than to sneak around just to jeopardize the health of their students and their own. So let’s have a look the precautions piano teachers must take in this critical time and what options they have to overcome the restrictions the whole world is faced with.
In short, you have two main options; the first one is that you should stop your work and duty until this pandemic blow over. Instead of going with the first option, you can choose the second one where you can use the technology to carry on your work.
ONLINE CLASSES: BE AN ONLINE PIANO TEACHER
This is by far the best and most effective measure a piano teacher can take. As this is the same method that has been adopted by educational institutes around the globe; it is safe to assume that the same method will work for piano teachers as well. As this is the same method adopted by educational institutes around the globe, it is safe to assume that the same method will work for piano teachers.
Those who are new may struggle to adapt to this way at first, but the process has all been oversimplified through continuous improvements. You can use the online classes portals for teaching piano digitally, One such excellent and very famous portal is The Best Piano Teacher.
The portal hosts amazing features that can facilitate a piano teacher in several ways. To list a few unique features for both, new and seasoned professionals this website provides are as following: This website provides features for both new and seasoned professionals, so of them are present below:
- The website offers the option of an online remote student finder. So even if you wish to find a new student in the current situation, you won’t have to look that far. In short, you can find new students and clients for your online piano classes with a few clicks only.
- The feasible option of an online lesson schedule allows for punctual scheduling of lessons for several students. So even if you are giving online classes, you can easily manage the time you give to each student. This feature will help you connect with each student one-on-one, and it will be like your physical presence to your students.
- The Best Piano teachers also provide online file storage for sending digital files to students. This feature plays a huge role when you want to share a musical script or any other piano studies related file to your student for better understanding. This way, you can better communicate with your students, and using the portal of The Best Piano teachers, your efforts will be appreciated and praised by your students wherever they may be.
- Invoicing is another advance feature that the portal of The Best Piano Teachers offers. Through digital invoices, it becomes easy to relay billing to your students, and the digital footprint provides the teachers with a safeguard against any kind of possible mishap they may get to encounter. In short, this special portal made for piano teachers will take care of the invoices from each student and client. This is how you can feel free, and this portal will automatically remind the clients and students whenever their subscription is going to end.
So, if you are also a piano teacher who wishes to step up their game or a new teacher looking to kick-start their career, The Best Piano teacher is the best possible portal use can register at. Click here to register as a teacher on the portal. We have also added useful articles on our website for teachers like: THE FIRST KEY: A TAKE-OFF GUIDE FOR NEW PIANO TEACHERS.
ENSURE YOUR SAFETY:
In case you are still giving lessons as either a travelling teacher or giving private piano lessons in your place, you must take the following precautionary measures to avoid any kind of bad circumstances because of corona virus:
- Ensure that your students and their family members are all in good health and they don’t have the Corona virus or exhibit any symptoms. Ensure proper hygiene of your place/studio. Wash your hands regularly and keep a hand sanitizer in your pocket or purse at all times. Whenever you touch a thing or something where other people also touch, then apply the sanitizer after touching anything strange, which doesn’t come in your daily routine. Ensure your students follow the same practice.
- Ensure proper hygiene of your place/studio. Wash your hands regularly and keep a hand sanitizer in your pocket or purse at all times. Whenever you touch a thing or something where other people also touch, then apply the sanitizer after touching anything strange which doesn’t come in your daily routine. Ensure your students follow the same practice.
- Avoid coming in contact with anyone, including your students. That means no handshakes or hugging; it's because the corona virus can spread through physical contacting such as handshakes and hugs.
- Disinfect the piano and your place with a quality disinfectant if you are giving lessons at your place. Ask the same of your students if you are a travelling teacher. This is very important as Corona virus mainly spreads from touch. The virus can survive on any surface for two days, longer on the human body.
- Try to use disposable gloves and face masks during the lesson or if you go out. Dispose of them regularly. Always make sure to dispose of your used disposable masks or hand gloves after each time you use them.
- If you can’t ensure your students follow the proper guidelines to prevent the spread of Corona virus; you may postpone their classes until this issue is resolved. If you can’t ensure that your students follow the proper guidelines to prevent Corona virus from spreading, you may postpone their classes until this issue is resolved. But it would be a great option for you if you switch to the online classes instead of your studio or another place where you usually teach.
- Look for your wellbeing above all. If you have weak immunity or suffer any auto-immune disorder, exercise social distancing, and follow the advice of medical professionals. Not only has this but you also needed to ignore all the fake information going on the internet, news, and from any other source. Always listen to the guidelines released by the government and health professionals.
Most of these are general guidelines issued by WHO and Local governments, but they are equally useful for everyone, including piano teachers. Given the current circumstances, we can’t say how long the Lockdown may last; but we can ensure that we follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of this horrible virus. And it is also a truth that this pandemic will last longer than anyone is thinking, it's because we are fighting against viruses, and we don’t have the vaccine as a weapon to fight against this virus. Until the vaccine arrives, we can do only one thing to prevent the spread of this virus, and that is only possible using social distancing as a shield.
This is a time when we, as a race, have to act in harmony. To synchronize our efforts to stop this virus from spreading, so the melody of life may resume yet again. To synchronize our efforts to stop this virus from spreading, the melody of life may resume. May humanity rise from this test, like a timely, played a musical note. Stay safe, stay healthy.